Nathan's artwork photography service - Have your artwork photographed
Nathan’s Art Photography Service
Photographer Nathan Groves is now offering art photography to all members of any gallery or art studio in Benicia with free pickup and re-delivery at a very competitive rate. This is part of a new internal service where artist members help artist members, rather than having to take our art to third parties.
- Free pickup and return from Benicia galleries and studios every Monday.
- Finished pieces are returned to their home gallery that evening or the next day if closed.
- Different dates and times can be arranged to coincide with gallery operating hours.
- Pieces may be brought directly to Once Upon a Canvas on Mondays to be shot.
- These will be returned to a home gallery for later pickup.
- Payable via check, Paypal or cash. Make the check out to Nathan Groves.
- Service does not include prints.
- Can refer to a printer, who is also a gallery member. See below.
- Files provided: printable TIFF, full-size JPG, Instagram JPG.
Up to 24x36: $50
Larger or very non-standard/wide size: Inquire
- ALL ITEMS:
- All pieces must be unframed. There can be no glass between the lens and the painting. For liability reasons, frames will not be dismantled and put back together or art removed from even simple frames; this must be done by the artist prior to transit to the shooting site.
- Any paint must be fully cured.
- It is recommended that the painting NOT be varnished prior to shooting. The finished product will be more true to life with better color reproduction without varnish, and the reflection from even matte varnish can cause unrecoverable highlights in the final image.
- Items with high-gloss varnish will probably be rejected.
- Oil, Gouache, and Acrylic Paintings:
- It is HIGHLY recommended to have the painting shot prior to varnishing.
- The canvas can have no major defects (wrinkles, uneven stretching, etc). Major defects will show on the final product (unless this is intentional; please specify).
- It is recommended that the paper not be significantly warped. If it is, the piece will need to be mounted to a flat board by the artist prior to shooting. Minor warping is okay, so long as the piece is generally flat.
- This important due to the camera’s plane of focus being fairly thin when the lens is set for peak sharpness.
- Pencil, charcoal, crayon, etc.
- Excessively messy pieces will not be accepted.
- Very thin papers must be mounted to a sturdier medium, preferably with a hanger.
- This may be a frame backing.
- This process can also accept old photographs. Please inquire before payment if you want your old photos digitized.
- Old photo restoration is not performed. The photo will be shot and color corrected to closely match the original.
- Warped photos must be mounted flat to a sturdier medium.
PRINTING AND FRAMING:
- Printing can be arranged through Bill Wages (also a Once Upon a Canvas member) or an outside 3rd party if Bill is not available.
- Nathan generally does not print for clients.
- Museum-grade paper and canvas are available from Bill.
- Examples of Bill’s printing capacity can be seen at Once Upon a Canvas.
- Bill also does mat cutting and framing.
- Bill and Nathan can both stretch canvases. Client must provide stretcher bars unless Bill is doing a museum wrap.
- Printing and framing are all done on a case-by-case basis.
- Files are standard formats and can be taken to anyone to print and frame.
QUESTIONS AND INQUIRIES:
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Please fill out this FORM to complete your purchase when you pay for this service.